With the launch of the city’s first specialized, longer-term housing program, young, female victims of sex trafficking will find critically needed support to rebuild their lives in a new facility operated by Covenant House Toronto.
ABC's Diane Sawyer and the New York Times' Nicholas Kristof expose the tragic fact that young people are being trafficked all across the United States. Diane and Nick visited Covenant House to learn how we help victims of trafficking.
- 4th grade math homework. Sigh. No, I'm not smarter than a 4th grader. Go ahead and judge me. Don't care.
- Today we're celebrating the launch of our house for trafficked girls at @CovenantHouseTO, but one day I want to celebrate that we can close
- Announcing our newest House - a center for trafficked girls in Toronto t.co/3m87dcshHp
- On Mon, taking 40 homeless youth 2 c @AVAETC's @SelmaMovie then registering them 2 vote. Groundhog Day will b about reliving the overcoming
- TOMORROW is Game Day. Take a stand against sex #trafficking while you still can & sign our petition today! #notagame t.co/TIaVgwK4qx
- Recently @DianeSawyer& @NickKristof visited our #NYC shelter to learn how we help victims of #trafficking. t.co/erLKD4vrA8
- Our #SleeperSpotlight series is back! Check out this video highlighting Molly Ladd from last year's #CHSleepOut! t.co/MuUvk8Y1Pv
- Americans across the country are getting ready for kickoff... including sex traffickers. Protect our kids #notagame t.co/7oPecQvKrY
01/08/2015 - 3:17pm
Since 2015 began, we've seen a surge of homeless kids in need of shelter... and we know there are more on the way. We also know that thanks to friends like you, we'll be prepared. We are looking forward to even more successes this year, and we are so grateful to have so many friends standing by our kids through thick and thin. Take a look at what we did together in 2014!
12/03/2014 - 10:59am
There is so much to love about Christmas and its wonderful traditions – it’s truly a time full of joy, light and wonder. Whether it’s an uplifting holiday service, a nostalgic movie or a festive meal with friends and family, each of us has one (or more!) special moments we look forward to and cherish each Christmas.
09/12/2014 - 2:16pm
A case making its way through the courts in Washington State holds high stakes for trafficked children who have been waging a steep uphill battle against corporate behemoth Backpage.com for years. Covenant House is joining as a friend of the court in the lawsuit, which represents our best hope for pushing back against the relentless, web-based commercial sexual exploitation of children and...