REPORTS TO: Administrative Assistant to Chief Operation Officer
PRIMARY FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The Executive Assistant will provide daily administrative and project support to the President, Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Operations Officer along with assisting with ad hoc projects for the
Office of Operations Administration and Program Operations team.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain the CEO and COO’s calendar and calls;
- Schedule, take notes and provide timely written meeting minutes and appropriate follow up to various meetings such as Leadership Council, Real Time Check-In, Site Review, and Quarterly Critical Incident Review meetings;
- Secure room reservations, maintain guest access and create meeting agendas with support from senior staff;
- Provide administrative support to the agency’s Strategic Plan by working across departments to implement edits, additions and suggestions in a timely manner;
- Process expense reports, check requests, review and processing of corporate credit card statements and review the monthly financial ledger to ensure accuracy;
- Handle various administrative tasks including copying, mailings and filings;
- Provide logistical support to the quarterly Board of Directors meetings and various Board of Directors Committee meetings;
- Schedule and logistically support webinars and conference calls with various Covenant House site locations;
- Support the annual Executive Director evaluation process by coordinating directly with Covenant House sites and Board of Directors;
- Distribute the Site Communication email with input from various department leads; Provide administrative support during the Executive Director and Operations staff on-boarding process such as scheduling meetings, assembling materials, and coordinating with IT and Facilities for phone set up, office locations, and supplies;
- Maintain and organize the Operations Google Drive folder and its contents by updating materials and creating and sharing a process for senior team to access;
- Maintain feedback and updates to the Unifying Policies;
- Provide logistical support during the convening of the agency’s executive directors, program directors, national directors, site board chairs in New York and at various CH site state locations both nationally and internationally;
- Communicate regularly with senior level staff members in a professional manner;
- All other duties as assigned by the COO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of homeless youth services and programming preferred but comparable youth services knowledge acceptable;
- Strong written, verbal, technological and interpersonal skills;
- Project management and time management skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to multitask and independently prioritize;
- Experience with event planning and execution;
- Strategic Planning a plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Google applications and have the ability to learn other web based applications and programs;
- Able to interact effectively with senior management, board members, donors, and maintain utmost professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality;
- Dedicated to the mission of Covenant House.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services, Nonprofit Management, Business or related field is required
- Comparable experience in youth services and administration field is preferred;
- Master’s Degree preferred.
To apply for this position, candidates should e-mail a cover letter and current resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Assistant to the President CEO & COO” as the subject line.