DEPARTMENT: Direct Marketing/Digital Fundraising
REPORTS TO: SVP of Direct Marketing
Purpose of Position:
To grow the existing sustainer program and maximize its potential for revenue and file stability. This position is responsible for enhancing, managing and coordinating all aspects of Covenant House’s monthly sustainer program. Daily responsibilities include acquiring, retaining, upgrading, and recapturing sustainers, as well as backend operations.
- Lead annual solicitation strategies for all monthly giving campaigns. Once a donor is acquired, he/she will need to collaborate with other fundraising leads and support teams to determine donor cultivation strategy to maximize lifetime net value of these donors.
- Act as day to day contact with vendors on programmatic issues. Responsible for attending and contributing to weekly conference calls with vendors. Identify trends, opportunities and make recommendations to increase the performance of the program.
- Review and report on budgeted expenses and income against actual performance to the Director of Digital Fundraising. Monitor budget on a campaign by campaign basis. Monitor results for all monthly programs - canvassing, direct mail, telemarketing, and digital ads to ensure forecasted revenues will reach annual new monthly donor and income projections.
- Work with Director of Digital Fundraising in the reporting and interpreting of campaign results and provide recommendations to facilitate decision making, market planning, file segmentation and budgeting.
- Represent CHI externally during conferences and benchmarking meetings. Willing to present at major conferences and gain/use competitive information to ensure growth and organizational excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations
- Minimum 4+ years working experience in combination of non-profit and for-profit sector in fundraising and/or marketing. Non-profit experience strongly preferred.
- Must have experience working with Sustainer giving programs
- Strong understanding of direct marketing in both online & offline channels
- Proven ability to successfully plan and execute fundraising initiatives to meet targets
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communicator
- Proven relationship cultivation experience and skills
- High level of professionalism and drive, with an infectious enthusiasm and passion for delivering results
- Strong relationship management skills and preference to be part of a results driven team
- Work experience in marketing, market analysis, statistics and budgeting
- Excellent communications skills, analytic skills, presentation skills, computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Direct marketing performance management skills and trend identification skills
Areas of Responsibility:
Strategy & Planning 30%
- Working with Director canvassing vendors, developing effective acquisition strategies to help continue the growth of acquiring new recurring donors and to optimize canvassing program to support agency undesignated revenue goals.
- Build fiscal campaign budgets for all vendors.
- Monitor and evaluate campaign budgets and revise as needed during reforecasts and monthly updates.
- Supply budget inputs to Integral/modeling vendor.
- Report, as needed, budget updates to key stakeholders.
Personal Fundraising 30%
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Complete timely delivery of attrition reporting to vendors and ensure contractual obligations are being met.
- Develop & improve comprehensive canvasser training program & work with vendor(s) on motivating existing canvassers with incentive strategies.
- Partner with Retention and Marketing Analyst on key strategic opportunities to maximize recurring donor loyalty of canvassed acquired donors to meet monthly attrition and revenue goals.
- Partner with Retention and Marketing effectiveness, credit card monitoring & improvements to processes.
- Ensure vendors are on track with budgets and all KPIs.
- Provide talking points & training if applicable to internal call center teams and ensure complaint tracker procedures are followed.
- Management of all marketing and communications collateral for canvassers including scripts, mandates, leave behinds.
- Develop testing strategies to improve overall campaign performance.
- Maintain monthly and weekly reporting metrics and provide key analysis on the channel by vendor, canvass method and product.
- Identify opportunities to leverage channel to support agency and global priorities.
- Obtain project/campaign/material legal approvals by acting as lead contact and knowledge base for legal approval process.
Program Analysis & Evaluation 30%
- Evaluate results, analyze strategy effectiveness, and modify strategies based on results.
- Monitor campaign performance and report on results.
- Analyze ROI & LTV analysis for program.
- Work across the organization to leverage knowledge sharing, best practices, benchmarking and other global movement reporting.
- Ensure campaign spending is on track with budget and advise if variances are anticipated.
- Investigate means of improving cost-efficiency for all initiatives for which responsible.
- And perform other duties as may be required 10%
- Support Director and SVP on ad-hoc projects.
- You have a minimum 4+ years' experience in direct response fundraising, marketing and/or working in a similar capacity with emphasis on project/campaign management skills required to drive campaign performance
- Professional level of technical or managerial knowledge, skills, and experience to manage the operational activities of a unit or team, or provide the technical and management support related to various size programs, grants or projects.
- Proven experience in project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated exceptional attention to detail
- Independent problem-solver and decision-maker.
- Must be very competent at reporting data relating to program performance.
- Strong attention to details.
- Excellent written and speaking abilities.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft PC applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Proven expertise with the principles of face-to-face fundraising desired.
To apply for this position, candidates should e-mail a cover letter and current resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Direct Marketing/Digital Fundraising” as the subject line.