Department: Human Capital Management
Reports to: SVP of Human Capital Management
PURPOSE OF POSITION The VPHCM is responsible for supporting the SVPHCM in the development, implementation, administration, communication and delivery of Covenant House International’s human resource policies and programs at the local, national and international levels. This position is responsible for executing the tactical aspects of human resources for the organization and providing support to the SVP of Human Capital Management (SVPHCM) on all HR matters.
- Handle all employee relations issues in a timely and proactive manner
- Enhance and manage the annual performance review program
- Oversee the company’s recruitment process including creating internal/external job postings, vetting candidates, tracking and maintaining recruitment expenses
- Oversee the Fall and Spring Internship program. Recruit, supervise and mentor HR Interns
- Drive the diversity and inclusion agenda
- Assist SVPHCM with the design and implementation of the compensation strategy and structure
- Review and update employee handbook, policies, and procedures
- Provide direction and assistance to Payroll and HR staff on database and process requirements
- Manage onboarding and exit procedures companywide Coordinate and implement staff training programs as needed.
- Conduct employee surveys, including the annual employee engagement survey
- Assist with HR driven events such as staff service awards, annual holiday party
- Keep the SVPHCM abreast of day to day activities and recommend new initiatives, policies, and procedures as needed to support the strategic growth.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the SVPHCM.
Minimum of 7 years relevant HR generalist experience is required
Master’s degree preferred (BA required)
A proven track record in handling complex employee relations matters is necessary
Experience handling full scale recruiting process is required
Coaching, influencing, problem-solving and facilitation skills are critical
Must have experience with HRIS systems including using ADP
Experience in creating/writing HR policies
Exceptional written and oral communication skills are a must
Proficient with Google Mail and Google Docs, MS Word and Excel, Microsoft Office, internet, and e-mail
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Flexibility to quickly adapt to changing priorities and the ability to handle multiple tasks Demonstrated success in developing innovative people-related solutions to solve business issues Experience in growing global business and positive reputation for working effectively across levels of an organization is strongly desired
To apply for this position, candidates should e-mail a cover letter and current resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “VP of Human Capital Management” as the subject line.
Covenant House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.