Over 300 young professionals in five cities across the country slept out on the streets Friday night to support the formerly homeless youth getting help at Covenant House. Watch news coverage here
In her Washington Post She the People column, Bernadine Watson speaks to Covenant House President Kevin Ryan about the increase in the numbers of homeless youth and efforts to combat the growing problem of trafficking.
After a controversial ruling by the Supreme Court in Canada, Covenant House calls on the government to penalize pimps and johns rather than prostituted people, who are all too often vulnerable children.
Dr. Madye G. Henson is joining Covenant House as the new Executive Director of our program in Washington D.C. where we provide a lifeline to quality services for more than 30,000 young people within the Greater Washington Region.
- I will!"@ImDariusdeHaas: would you support yours truly in my 30 day hot yoga challenge to raise money for @CovenantHouse?#sweatin...”
- @SelmaMovie is as perfect & moving a film as I've ever seen; I am going to take bus loads of kids to see it, then register them all to vote
- Blizzard coming. Please refer homeless youth in NJ to @CovenantHouseNJ at 330 Washington St in Newark and 929 Atlantic Ave in Atlantic City
- Time is running out to join our Thunderclap & take a stand against sex #trafficking. Add your voice today! #notagame t.co/ry16Agm1Dy
- While fans wait for Sunday’s game, children are being sold into sexual slavery. Help us save them. #notagame t.co/TIaVgwK4qx
- "Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small steps." - Henry Ford To receive Daily Reflections from us: t.co/jkpi2bYnd9
- Help stop sex #trafficking at major sporting events like the #SuperBowl. Learn the facts, get involved #notagame t.co/7oPecQvKrY
01/08/2015 - 3:17pm
Since 2015 began, we've seen a surge of homeless kids in need of shelter... and we know there are more on the way. We also know that thanks to friends like you, we'll be prepared. We are looking forward to even more successes this year, and we are so grateful to have so many friends standing by our kids through thick and thin. Take a look at what we did together in 2014!
12/03/2014 - 10:59am
There is so much to love about Christmas and its wonderful traditions – it’s truly a time full of joy, light and wonder. Whether it’s an uplifting holiday service, a nostalgic movie or a festive meal with friends and family, each of us has one (or more!) special moments we look forward to and cherish each Christmas.
09/12/2014 - 2:16pm
A case making its way through the courts in Washington State holds high stakes for trafficked children who have been waging a steep uphill battle against corporate behemoth Backpage.com for years. Covenant House is joining as a friend of the court in the lawsuit, which represents our best hope for pushing back against the relentless, web-based commercial sexual exploitation of children and...