On a chilly, windy night in New York City, 70 employees from Lenox Advisors slept on the streets outside our Covenant House shelter. The result was over $100,000 raised and a national spotlight on the issue of homelessness in a story by Good Morning America.
What started as a few caring executives sleeping out on the streets for the homeless youth at Covenant House four years ago has turned into a powerful nationwide movement that has raised over $8 million and is saving the lives of thousands of homeless kids.
Lenox Advisors and Covenant House Hold First-Ever Company-Wide Sleep Out To Support Homeless Children
On Thursday night October 23, employees of Lenox Advisors spent the night sleeping outside on the pavement surrounding the Covenant House shelters in New York City and Hollywood, CA.
In a unique event held at beautiful Red Bull Arena in Harrison, NJ, over 80 Red Bull and Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey employees slept out at the arena and raised over $85,000 for our Covenant House kids.
- Why Sleep Out for homeless youth? Here's why: t.co/oQRz4AIoTe
- "The only way to have a friend is to be one." - Ralph Waldo Emerson To receive Daily Reflections from us: t.co/JkJQ4R1wo2
- Debating on attending our #Masquerade Ball w/ @DurgaTree? Maybe this recap from last year’s event will help U decide: t.co/pcpsqMMVFW
- #ShatterPoint is @JeffAltabef's latest novel. The e-book version is just $3.99. Some proceeds will benefit our youth! t.co/CnbVJxdgbV
- Way to go @CovHousePrez on @GMA today - the #SleepOut movement keeps our doors open for homeless youth t.co/Ae7HrWJXt7
09/12/2014 - 2:16pm
A case making its way through the courts in Washington State holds high stakes for trafficked children who have been waging a steep uphill battle against corporate behemoth Backpage.com for years. Covenant House is joining as a friend of the court in the lawsuit, which represents our best hope for pushing back against the relentless, web-based commercial sexual exploitation of children and...