A new, anonymous grant of $1 million over three years will result in Covenant House New York and LifeWay Network establishing the Aspire Home in New York, a safe house for trafficked youth.
On a chilly, windy night in New York City, 70 employees from Lenox Advisors slept on the streets outside our Covenant House shelter. The result was over $100,000 raised and a national spotlight on the issue of homelessness in a story by Good Morning America.
Lenox Advisors and Covenant House Hold First-Ever Company-Wide Sleep Out To Support Homeless Children
On Thursday night October 23, employees of Lenox Advisors spent the night sleeping outside on the pavement surrounding the Covenant House shelters in New York City and Hollywood, CA.
What started as a few caring executives sleeping out on the streets for the homeless youth at Covenant House four years ago has turned into a powerful nationwide movement that has raised over $8 million and is saving the lives of thousands of homeless kids.
- Wow, just finished @WuDunn's & @NickKristof's @APathAppears; it's going to be in every stocking Santa asks me 2 stuff. Lean forward, rise up
- Always proud of who you are @HollywoodAndyNY - keep dreaming and striving!
- The central question of our lives is how to find beauty, light & grace amidst the ruins of human suffering, & thereby find our paths forward
- Such a perfect description by @CovHousePrez of how kids heal and why they rise. t.co/LAQkW9x3Bg
- "Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." - Oprah Winfrey To receive Daily Reflections from us: t.co/6DO8ZimXOC
- Help us get a 2014 @GreatNonprofits Top-Rated Award (#GreatNP14). Write a review of your experience with us! t.co/nlbaeVfo60
09/12/2014 - 2:16pm
A case making its way through the courts in Washington State holds high stakes for trafficked children who have been waging a steep uphill battle against corporate behemoth Backpage.com for years. Covenant House is joining as a friend of the court in the lawsuit, which represents our best hope for pushing back against the relentless, web-based commercial sexual exploitation of children and...