As New York City prepares for an annual census of the homeless population, some groups are trying to make sure young people are not missed. This New York Times article looks at ways Covenant House and fellow service providers are offering desperately needed services.
In this Crain's New York article, learn about a partnership between Covenant House and NYC that could lead to more help for homeless youth.
- It's going down to 3 degrees in NYC this weekend. If you see homeless youth around Times Square send them to @CovenantHouse at 41st and 10th
- Thank you so much @TorontoRotary t.co/aBNqiuMacE
- (4) NJ can reverse course w/in the next 2 years but it requires focused statewide leadership from the Governor & lawmakers. Let's demand it.
- Come share the love and meet our kids at @CovenantHouseMi this Valentine's Day weekend! t.co/GKfbFeVOyA t.co/nTea2qchtO
- "Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win." ~ Bernadette Devlin To receive Daily Reflections from us: t.co/AjEJ6LDnHI
- Edgar came to us after being kicked out for being who he really is. Check out some of his story. t.co/YSXJaEWb1V
01/06/2016 - 2:04pm
To many homeless young people, particularly girls, young women and transgender persons, strip clubs can seem to be the only job readily available. Yet strip clubs are one of the main avenues in which young people get caught in human trafficking. Learn more about how we can protect...
12/18/2015 - 9:24am
The holidays hit homeless youth hard. Everywhere they look, people are spending money, showing loved ones how much they care, heading home for big feasts. If you're a kid with no money, no loved ones, and no home, the songs piped into every store can sting.
12/10/2015 - 8:54am
Christmas is all around us this month. From the decorations to holiday jingles to the family traditions..... it's hard not to get caught up in the excitement. But as much joy as the season seems to bring, I know it’s anything but magical for homeless kids.