As New York City prepares for an annual census of the homeless population, some groups are trying to make sure young people are not missed. This New York Times article looks at ways Covenant House and fellow service providers are offering desperately needed services.
In this Crain's New York article, learn about a partnership between Covenant House and NYC that could lead to more help for homeless youth.
- I'm a @nyjets fan so tonight's all about being happy for @thewillswenson then figuring out how to explain a @SuperBowl baby to my 10 yr old
- Oh Frank, I am so sorry. Prayers for your dad and your family. t.co/5EgEysAeOl
- Spontaneous dance party in my living room for @SuperBowl halftime show. I just got a cramp doing one of those Bruno moves. #old
- My son's in a dorm at the @LSEnews in the UK, watching @SuperBowl. When @ladygaga sang the national anthem, all the kids chanted USA, USA
- #WhatIsHome to U? A few of our kids express their ideas of what home is. RT if their answers move you: t.co/wMMFS8jdym
- Romel struggled to survive on the streets but still helped others. Here's his inspiring story: t.co/yQFwfgocRR
- Excited to announce 1st @TEDx talk by @CovHousePrez, remembering 3 kids who taught him the meaning of home. Tickets on sale @tedxnavesink
- #Reminder: Sign up for The Beacon, our monthly e-newsletter that we deliver to your inbox. To subscribe: t.co/DBbA9nHYaR
01/06/2016 - 2:04pm
To many homeless young people, particularly girls, young women and transgender persons, strip clubs can seem to be the only job readily available. Yet strip clubs are one of the main avenues in which young people get caught in human trafficking. Learn more about how we can protect...
12/18/2015 - 9:24am
The holidays hit homeless youth hard. Everywhere they look, people are spending money, showing loved ones how much they care, heading home for big feasts. If you're a kid with no money, no loved ones, and no home, the songs piped into every store can sting.
12/10/2015 - 8:54am
Christmas is all around us this month. From the decorations to holiday jingles to the family traditions..... it's hard not to get caught up in the excitement. But as much joy as the season seems to bring, I know it’s anything but magical for homeless kids.