Get Help Now
On the street? Need help? We're open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Or come to:
20 Gerrard Street East, Toronto, Ontario
Covenant House Toronto changes lives by providing the widest range of services and support to as many as 300 youth a day. As a national leader, we educate and advocate for change by influencing public policy and delivering prevention and awareness programs.
Our doors are open to youth 16 to 24 regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or the circumstances that have brought them to our doors.
Our 24/7 crisis care provides for homeless youth’s immediate needs – a safe, clean bed, food and clothing. Our 96-bed shelter is open to youth 16 to 24, including two designated crisis beds for young women who have experienced sex trafficking or exploitation.
More than a place to stay, we provide 24/7 crisis shelter and transitional housing on-site and in the community, as well as comprehensive services including education, counselling, health care, employment assistance, job training and after-care.
- Housing and after-care
- Health and well-being
- Education and employment
- Prevention and early intervention
- Crisis shelter
- On-site medical care and education services
- Family and natural supports
- Supported housing for victims of sex trafficking and sexual exploitation
- Mental health and substance use counseling
- Employment centre
- In-school awareness and prevention presentations on youth homelessness and sex trafficking and exploitation
- Transitional housing on-site in the community for homeless youth and victims of sex trafficking and sexual exploitation
- Life skills workshops
- Cooking For Life, a culinary arts training program
- Sex trafficking prevention and early intervention training for frontline workers and the hospitality industry
- Drop-in centre
- Direct services to victims of sex trafficking and exploration
- Individualized, one-on-one support in the community
- Mentorship program
- Service referrals
- Pastoral ministry
- New Jersey
- New York
- Washington, DC
Shelter Is Only the Beginning
From crisis to care: Find out what it's like when a young person enters our doors.